Yuan Zhou's Monthly Online Group Go Lessons

• UPDATE: Yuan Zhou’s lessons are now held at the National Go Center and made available for online attendees as well as those who can attend in person. Please see the NGC’s Events Calendar for more details.

I just wanted to post about the monthly go lessons local go teacher Yuan Zhou conducts. I’ve been attending almost every month for years, and I’ve gone from 13k to 1k at the most recent Go Congress. He uses Skype + KGS to hold his lessons, and he combines a detailed review of a pro game with paired games + reviews for all attendees after lunch.

If you’d be interested in joining, just email him, and if you have any questions, feel free to post them here or send them my way.

DETAILS:

Yuan Zhou’s Monthly Go lesson. The lesson will run from 10am to 5pm US EDT.
    The fee is $100.

Event Schedule:

Event: Yuan Zhou’s Monthly Online Group Go Lesson
    Date: Sunday, September 18, 2016

Check In: 9:30AM to 10:00AM

Detailed analysis of Pro’s Game: 10am to 12pm

Lunch Break: 12pm to 1pm

Game Play (Shifu will pair the players. Game is tournament style with time controls): 1pm to 3pm

Time limit will be 45 minutes basic time plus overtime.
    Overtime will be 5 periods of 30 seconds.

Analysis of the games played: 3pm to 5pm

Remaining 2016 Online Group Go Lesson Dates:

Sunday: 10/16, 11/13, 12/4.

• Whoa! I had no idea that the lessons were now online now. Is this a recent change?

• @bengozen New this year, yeah; I think the first one he did was in February. I miss the in-person nature of the lessons at his house, but it’s definitely more convenient for some people to be able to do it online.

• @nate I see. So is this something that’s regularly online? Or does is it like one of those things where he alternates?

• @bengozen It’s always online now.

Looks like your connection to National Go Center was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.